Sunday Scramble through a stash and found Something Spectacular!

Well Sunday done, My kiddies are back to school tomorrow after a week off, Oh its been a stress filled one lol,
                         Still need to put the face on my creeper, but have been fighting with a Squid! not a real one, a Mine craft hat one, I have a friend who's boy melts my heart when he comes to me and says in a cute singey voice..'Keerrryyy can you make me a hat that's like........' this can be anything from a minion to a Mine craft squid,
                                       So my quest started I was going to do a graph version with a red circle within the hat but no, brain wouldn't compute it, will practise that on a flat back and forth square,
                              So went looking through my HUGE yarn stash, I swear I could open a shop! but guess what! didn't have the right shade of blue haha so off to my local yarn store, picked my colour and home to hook.......

  On the plus side..... in my stash I did find an amazing yarn!
        I had forgotten about so....... It sat with me on my sofa while I crocheted, I will come back to this.........
 
 So Squid hat started, got the main body done, decided to do a Red add on with eyes so much easier and if anyone else want one, will be quicker to make, till I learn graphs lol. hopefully will be able to post both Mine craft finished tomorrow.
 Now! back to my spectacular yarn, It feels amazing, I have no clue what it is, where its from, its one of my charity shop finds, and it matches the yarn I bought for Squiddy! which I had fallen in love with and wish I had bought more! now this needed a special pattern.... As I said , my new finds  sat with me while I had my laptop open, Then, as if on cue, My crochet buddy Micki pinged up in our chat with...how amazing is this slouchy! BAM! there's my pattern for my amazing yarn, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/reversible-textured-slouch--crocodile-stitch-double-layered-flower


 Its a lovely hat, I was desperate to start it I am thinking of leaving the flower off, or maybe using a button to attach to either side :)
 I also found some lovely soft chunky Blue so loomed a hat too.
  I like looming, I can do it in the dark when I am lying with my youngest while she goes to sleep.


So...There we are, my sunday, Enjoy your week ahead and as always......
Happy Hookin'
xx

Comments

Popular Posts