Diamonds are a girls best friend...even Crocheted ones x

                                                 Easy Diamond Pattern
I use a 4mm hook and DK for a 3inch long (1.5 inch at widest part)
You can use any size hook depending on how tight you want your stitches, if you want a more holey diamond use a larger hook its best to experiment to get the effect you want.

Row 1: Ch2 2sc into 2nd ch from hook, Ch1 turn.
Row 2: 1sc into first st, 2sc into 2nd st, Ch1 turn.
Row 3: 1sc into each stitch, 2sc into last st, Ch1 turn.

Repeat row pattern until you have enough stitches for the size of diamond you want. The more stitches, the bigger the Diamond, (I had 9 stitches for my Diamond) At this point you can stop and make some lovely Bunting.






When you are happy with your width you can start the decrease pattern :

Ch1, skip the1st st, sc into next st and each st across, Ch 1 turn.  (This will reduce the row by 1 st )
Continue doing this to each row until you have 1 st left, tie off and pull knot tight. 
I made 5 of these and stitched them together for my Star Motif on my Cpt America Beanie. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts