Sashay over here and make a scarf!

I have been making scarves this week, lots of scarves :)  so thought I would show how I crochet with Sashay scarf yarn, firstly, I have discovered, Preparation is key!


 I totally undo the yarn and wind it round a kitchen paper roll, (the cardboard they wrap it all round), this makes it easier for the yarn to use as it doesnt twist like it does when you just take from the ball, so Lets begin! I use a 6mm hook for this just because it makes the loops big enough to work through....so.....
 Tie a knot in the start of your yarn and insert your hook near the top a cm away from your knot....


 Every 2 cm or so, pick up another 'loop' of the yarn, I use 8 loops for each section.....

 Pick up number 9 loop and pull this one through all your other 8 loops so you have just 1 left on the hook,
 now close to the loop you have left bring up another loop and pull through first loop to create a securing slip stitch...you now have your first section :) carry on until you have the length you desire,



cut your yarn and pull the whole piece through your last loop and pull tight, then do another knot at the end and there you go..scarf done :)  I can usually get either a very long 6ft(ish) scarf from 1 ball or a good size adult scarf and a nice child size too it goes so much further than knitting it!





I enjoy this yarn so much more now I know to prepare first, i now have 10 in my stock pile :) this one is for my eldest daughter though, with a childs one for my youngest so she can be like her big sister how cute!                                                                
                                                   Happy Hookin my lovlies   xx


Comments

Popular Posts